Thursday, January 3, 2008

Life at Hogwarts

It would be a terrible shame if I didnt mention Harry Potter in this blog. Mainly because its such a huge part of my life and especially since the name of my blog is directly out of Harry's magical world.

Disclaimer: Harry Potter and everything related belongs to J.K. Rowling - I tried to bully her into giving me Draco Malfoy but she wouldn't agree. This is not a fan fiction (it might at times border on it though) This is majorly just wishful thinking.

So well now that i got that outta the way lets move on to discover what my life would be like if I actually were a witch.


************************************************


Things are and always have been really strange in my life. Stuff just seems to happen around me, like the time my elder brother had an upset stomach for three days only because he didnt share his food with me and worse he mocked me too (true story ~winks~)

Then at age 11 an owl arrives with a letter for me. I'm surprised (...shocked even) after i read the letter. Apparantly I'm a witch and I've been called to join this school called Hogwarts!!! Neither my Mum nor my Dad are even close to being magical... so how the hell can i be a witch??? Well if I was shocked u cn imagine my parents' condition... They were in a frenzy. We are all very confused and very scared and realise we gotta stick to each and somehow get through this. We decide to do what every modern American family does - (yeah i know I'm an Indian and I'm witing bout being in England... but just go with it okay...) Well anyways we decide to get family counselling.

Our counsellor was old, tall and a wise looking man. He had long white hair and a white beard of a length that would give Santa Claus a run for his money. But the best thing about him were his eyes... He had blue twinkling eyes, and he wore half-moon glasses over his long, crooked nose. But the craziest thing was the way he was dressed - he wore a claok over long robes and high-heeled, buckled boots! I knew from the time I laid eyes on him that the counselling sessions would be interesting!

Strangely, we just had one session and my parents were convinced that Hogwarts would be good for me. So we shook hands with Dr. Dumbledore (quite a strange name eh) and went off to get me ready for magic school.

Well from there things were a magical blur.. shoppping for the strangest of school supplies - wand, spell books, cauldron, school robes, parchment, quills and an owl!... Next thing I know I'm on the train to Hogwarts. (Now I'm too lazy to detail the journey, all I'll say about it is that it was BEAUTIFUL. You wanna know how beautiful? Read HP!!!)

I'll skip to the sorting now... Well I was sorted into Gryffindor! No surprise there... I have a Gryffindor heart. ~smiles~

But now when I think back I so wish I were in Slytherin, things would have been so much easier that way... ~sighs~

You see the thing is that I fell in love with a Slytherin...

He was in my year and he was oh so gorgeously bad. The kind of guy my dear mother warned me about. He had silver blonde hair, a constant smirk on his face (which looked so sinfully good), steely cold eyes and a heart to match those eyes. He was clever and charming and sarcastic and was always taunting Harry Potter in such a brutally funny way that I couldn't help but laugh... in private ofcourse didnt want teh golden trio cursing me to oblivion.

We were friendly - as friendly as a Gryffindor and Slytherin could be without raising any eyebrows. We taunted and baited each other all in good humor, to anyone else it seemed like normal house rivalry. But we knew better. Our fights were largely friendly and always good natured.

We could never really be friends so it was beyond all logical reason to even imagine anything more. But hey I love chasing them shooting stars! Its so typical of me to move from the Khans and Kingers of the Muggle world to the Malfoys of the wizarding world.

There is no Voldy or any tragedy here. (Again if you want Voldy or some kinda tragedy read HP!) There isnt even a happy ending to this. In fact, there is no end to this, cos I can't think of any way to end it. Yeah I could say that the friendly fights led to mutual adoration, respect and then love and we lived happily ever after!...

But what's the point? More importantly - What's the fun in that???

No comments: