Thursday, January 17, 2008

I, Robot!!!

Expect
According to the Longman Family Dictionary (thats the only dictionary I could get my hands on, couldn't find my trusty Oxford) 'Expect' means
- to look forward with anticipation;
- to consider reasonable. due, or necessary;
- to consider bound in duty or obligated;
- to be pregnant ~rolls eyes and sniggers~

Well so many meanings for one tiny word. And such a tiny word but yet its at the core of every human. Hmmm I guess from all the above meanings the pregnancy thing is the only positive one... Unless ofcourse its unplanned, then you gotta do something 'bout it asap. (To have or not to have, that is the question!)

Well my views on pregnancy and everything connected would deserve a whole other blog post. So back to topic... Expect. That's in basic human nature. And its so bizarre cos we don't always get what we expect. Sometimes far from it. I expected to marry the boy I was in love with, have his kids, live with him - basically have a fairytale marriage with the whole 'happily ever after' cliche too. But that didn't work out, did it? The powers that be had different plans for me.

I think expecting is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

What does it mean when you say 'I expected too much'? Why do you need to expect at all? Why does all relationships, connections, networks, EVERYTHING have to have some expectation involved???

I guess I'm just saying all this right now cos I'm in a blissful state of non-expectation . (I'm using the words 'blissful state' alot these days. Am i high or am i high? lols) Guess the whole Kinger episode was a rude wake-up call. But would I go back to expecting again? Is it really justified to actually expect anything from others??? I think it all comes down to this -- If the input is good its quite natural to expect a good output.

Unless we don't balance the give and take, all we gonna do is be either just giving or just taking...

I feel like such a fucking machine at times. Family been expecting from me all my life. Friends - same story. Boyfriend had his own set of fucked up expectations as well. Even my cats expect from me!!!

Gosh! I'm making myself out to be such a victim!!! Lols...

I am so rambling on... Its just that its hardly been a whole week and 3 people have already told me that they expected too much for me... and the thought that I'm a disappointment doesn't quite sink well with me...

Disclaimer: Everything mentioned in the above post is a creation of the authors overly imaginative and terribly screwed up mind. Any resemblance to any person or incident is purely coincidental.

No comments: